Hope you’re having a wonderful week 🌞🌈
All of my previous posts on women’s style have primarily been focused on outfits. I have received several requests to publish posts on accessories. I am starting today with one of my favorite eclectic trends – stackable jewelry.
Jewelry is one staple you wear across seasons and over the years. If you want to add variety to your jewelry looks, mixing and matching different pieces is a fantastic way to do so. Stacking also works great when you want to make a statement by combining various items of minimal jewelry for an amped up look.
While “the more, the merrier” holds true, the stacking trend is all about piling on multiple items of jewelry in a stylish way (and not ending up looking like a child who just raided her mother’s jewelry drawer 😂).
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when assembling a stylish stack of your own –
1. Style tips for stacking necklaces
– Stick to delicate, simple pieces with interesting details – delicate necklaces with charms, long chains with big pendants, a necklace with a few small diamonds, a plain chain.
– Wear your shortest collar necklace with an extra long chain to make it look like one lengthy piece that has been looped around your neck.
– Wear two or three necklaces of similar lengths – Arrange each one so that the central stone or pendant sits at different positions.
– Layer several plain chains with one colorful standout stone necklace for a subtler take on the statement necklace.
– Buy a multi-layered chain that looks like stacked necklaces put together (if you’re lazy like me 😝).
2. Style tips for stacking bracelets
– Opt for bracelets with different shapes, textures and thicknesses.
– Stack bracelets with a watch or with a bunch of bangles.
– Create a theme – such as a nautical theme with blue and white striped watch layered with shell, anchor, boat, starfish charm bracelets.
– Stick to a single color family, like pastels, primaries, or brights, when wearing colorful bangles.
– Dress up both arms (if you’re feeling bold and want to get the arm party started).
3. Style tips for stacking rings
– Play with metals, colors and textures for best results.
– Pair the new with the old to create an interesting contrast – set subtle, dainty rings against an old heirloom or cocktail ring.
– Stack multiple rings on one finger, while keeping a finger bare to create an illusion of negative space and balance.
– Experiment with shapes and lines – wear a combination of horizontal and vertical rings.
– Wear four of the same – The same slim ring worn by itself across multiple fingers creates a pretty connection.
As always, there are few hard and fast rules when it comes to stacking. Just remember to create an interesting balance but keep the stack from looking too symmetrical and styled. Go ahead with trial and error until you achieve the perfect stack that feels personal to you. Life is too short to wear boring jewelry 💛💚💜
Do you like wearing stacked jewelry? How would you personalize your set?
See how I have paired watches with bracelets on My Blog Instagram
You can also browse more stacked jewelry ideas at: My Pinterest
Photo Credits: Pinterest.com and Allure.com