Hello Friends 🐷🌸💖
I have been blogging for almost a month now and am super thrilled to have published 5 posts already (Yay! **feeling awesome**) 🙌
For my sixth post, I have decided to kind of move out of my comfort zone and do a piece on men’s style – wardrobe essentials.
YSL said “Fashion fades; style is eternal.” So here is a round-up of 5 key, timeless pieces every man should have in his closet –
1) Oxford Shirts – One item that looks effortlessly stylish on pretty much everyone is a crisp, well-fitted, button down shirt. Wear with – chinos for a casual look or blazer and jeans for a dressier look or a suit for a formal look.
While white is a versatile classic, a pale blue shirt is an essential work day item. Other good options for spring/ summer could be lighter fabrics (chambray or linen) or patterns (stripes or gingham).
2) Plain T-shirts – Crew t-shirts, preferably in neutral colors with no logos, are an everyday classic and can be worn on their own or layered under a shirt or jacket. Henleys are an alternative style.
A summer staple, the polo t-shirt allows you to keep it formal (with a collar) but casual (with short sleeves), and also slightly sporty.
3) Solid Colored Jeans – This is the most versatile item in your wardrobe. Get a sturdy pair of denims in dark blue – they pretty much go well with everything. The suggested fit is slim but not too tight. Washed or lighter denim is a substitute to add variety.
4) Jacket – A blazer/ sports coat (not a suit jacket but a separate) is an ideal piece for style transition. It is perfect for in-between occasions when a jacket but not a suit is required. Choose a color (like beige, navy or grey) that works with majority of shirts in your closet. Corduroy or tweed jackets can provide a retro feel.
A definitive classic – the denim jacket, is easier to wear than you think, layered over shirts, sweatshirts or simple tees. A light bomber is another option that looks good on anyone and can be worn through the year.
5) Chinos/ Khaki Pants – If you don’t want to wear jeans everyday, chinos are the apt semi-casual replacement. The recommendation is to buy neutral colors (khaki, olive, navy, grey) so you can be more expressive color-wise when it comes to shirts or tees. Wear them well-fitted – they should look tailored and relaxed at the same time.
Some quintessential accessories to build a basic wardrobe include shoes (lace-ups, loafers, off-white sneakers), a reliable timepiece, and shades (aviators or wayfarers are the most popular styles).
Hope these tips help – whether you’re building your wardrobe or reinventing your style.
Just remember: clothes don’t make the man but they can make the man look great🤴🏻
Please do share your personal interpretation of these classics 💙
You can also browse wearable men’s style ideas at: My Pinterest